Cousin E strikes again (and rumor is, this recipe is AMAZING):
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
2T Sesame Oil
2 bell peppers (I used red and yellow)
4 stalks celery
3 green onions
1 1/2 lb chicken
2T Soy Sauce
1/3 C Sesame Ginger marinade
4-5 T Siracha
1/3 C Walnuts - cashews would also be good, but I had extra walnuts around (see stuffed shells recipe)
1 Head romaine
1 small bunch cilantro
1-2 sprigs epazote
This recipe is easiest if you prep everything first, before you ever turn the stove on.
1. Wash and dice celery, peppers, and green onion, removing stems and seeds.
2. Chop herbs and set aside.
3. Separate romain leaves and wash. Set aside to dry.
4. Dice chicken into tiny pieces, about 1/2". Smaller pieces will cook faster.
5. Measure out walnuts and set aside.
6. Heat oil in large frying pan on medium. Add chicken and stir fry until about 90% done (5-10 min).
7. Add in chopped vegetables and stir fry until almost cooked through. Things should be getting juicy at this point!
8. Add in Soy Sauce, Sesame Ginger marinade, siracha, and walnuts and stir. Bring to a boil.
9. Mix cornstarch with a little water and slowly add to pan. This will thicken the liquid to make the dish saucy.
10. Lay out romaine leaves and spread filling over them. Garnish with chopped cilantro and epazote.
Have napkins handy!