Wednesday, January 1, 2014

(Mostly) Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes

Ok, so I know what you’re thinking – how the heck are cupcakes “granola”?! In my book, if I make it from scratch, it counts. So go with it. PLUS, I think you’ll REALLY like that I’m giving you an easy way to make a super good dessert. I call this “mostly” vegan because not all white sugar is technically vegan, and I certainly don’t want die-hards getting upset with me for mislabeling.
I’ve adapted this recipe from all recipes.com: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegan-chocolate-cake/
Chocolate Cupcake
















(Mostly) Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 cup water
  • Splash of almond milk
NOTE: for cocoa, it’s your preference. The original recipe calls for 1/4 cup, but I like more chocolate than that! Also, try experimenting with dark chocolate cocoa powder!
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin.
  2. Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
  3. Add oil, vanilla, lemon juice, water, and milk.
  4. Pour into tin and bake for 20 minutes.
  5. Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from tin.
See! Told you it was easy. Oh and another note – wait to eat these until the next day. They will taste better that way, I PROMISE.
Chocolate Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment